Ethnic and Racial Minority Workshops
The Wabash Center has long recognized that minoritized faculty of color face particular challenges and pressures in higher education, and therefore can benefit from networks of conversation and mentoring within their ethnic and racial minority groups.
Since 2002, we have offered teaching workshops for Early Career faculty on a rotating basis for three racial-ethnic minority groups.
- Faculty of African Descent
- Latino/a Faculty
- Faculty of Asian and Pacific Islander Descent
Conversations within these groups can explore the unique issues that arise for faculty identifying in each of these groups as they negotiate various higher education contexts and develop courses appropriate for their academic purposes and vocation.
Previous Workshops for Early Career Faculty
- 2002-03 African American Faculty
- 2006-07 Asian/Asian North American Faculty
- 2008-09 Colloquy for Latino/a Faculty
- 2009-10 Faculty of African Descent
- 2011-12 Asian/Asian North American Faculty
- 2012-13 Workshop for Latino/a Faculty
- 2015-16 Faculty of African Descent
- 2017-18 Faculty of Asian and Pacific Islander Descent
Previous Mid-Career Colloquies
on Racial and Cultural Teaching Issues